Wednesday, May 2, 2007

First of many...

So far with the whole studying thing I have just began going back over my MBE notes from the New York bar exam. Hoping that the common law hasn't changed too much!! lol. Unfortunately California state bar do not accept reciprocity re: MBE scores so gonna have to face that 200 multiple choice question monstrosity once more! Work so far has entailed going over the spider diagrams I did for the MBE 6 and often re-doing them if they say anything re: New York law on them - bad enough having to learn MBE and California law seperately now - can't start recalling New York distinctions as well!

As for today - did my first mini-test from the old Barbri practice questions book - reasonably impressed to be honest! Did q's 1-35 in around about 45 minutes and scored 30/35 without really going back over criminal law properly pre-taking the test. That seems to be better than I was scoring in the early stages of New York study but then it IS criminal law - one of the ones i always did better on (is it easier?!). So anyway - guess it's a milestone of sorts - first practice q's and start as I mean to go on.

Problem I have though is I HAVE at some point done almost all of these questions before - don't remember doing them but maybe I'm scoring high because my subconcious is remembering the answers? Could be dangerous, if that is the case, in being too positive about early high marks!

Long way to go yet! Am getting a new bar-bri (Cali bar orientated) course coming through to my home sometime soon though so hopefully that might even have a load more practice q's in it. Think I would generally say, from experience last year, that the practice questions probably helped me the most overall - especially going over them after doing the test (including going over the ones I got right).

No comments: