Tuesday, May 1, 2007

It Begins.... again!

Ok to start this whole thing off - I am studying for and taking the California bar exam in July 2007 (BAR-ring any unforeseen circumstances such as rejection of the application - haha - i love the puns!) I was born and live in England where I went to uni for 3 years to do my law degree which then meant i was eligible to sit the New York bar exam which i sat February 2006. One of the toughest things I have ever done - studying for a few months beforehand all from home using these lectures on CD and having no one at all who I could talk to who was doing the same thing. SOMEHOW i managed to pass that exam which permits me now (hopefully) to sit the California bar exam in July of this year (as technically now I am a qualified attorney in New York, despite still living in crappy England).

Why am i doing all this?! I have always wanted to move to the USA one day and for various reasons decided that law was what I wanted to eventually do - this loophole route whereby I have to take and pass both the New York and California bar exam to become qualified in California so i can actually seek a job in California is long winded but apparently the best way. Added to my desire to move to the USA is the fact that my girlfriend, now of 4 years, lives in Los Angeles which is where I wish to move to and live!

So - on to the California bar exam. I have heard from reliable sources that it is much harder than the New York one so let's see! :)

3 comments:

biff said...

Wow. Good luck.

Blonde Blogger said...

Welcome to the crowd...the California Bar Exam is a whole different animal...good luck to you!

GC said...

wow... tell me how you passed NY. You're amazing. :)