Thursday, June 28, 2007

Day 15 - MPT day!

Ok so got up and tried to get on with this MPT that they say you should do after MPT workshop 1. SOO hard to get into it - always seems so boring as much as I tell myself that it is NOT waste of time and it IS VERY relevant. Gave up after spending about 90 mins ish on outlining and moved on to listen to MPT workshop 2 - apparently if I would have written it I would have got around 65% cus I outlined it right but most of the stuff I was going to write was probably shite. Am going to FORCE myself to just sit and do the whole thing as soon as I can but at this stage where kinda freaking that have forgotten some of the early stuff I looked at - focus lies slightly elsewhere. Listening to second MPT workshop now anyway - seems interesting! The outlining thing helped anyway cus i realised that you DO need the whole time to do the outlining and need to work slightly faster...

________________________________________________________
Edit - later (around 11pm) decided to tackle that 2nd MPT - the re Sunrise Galleria Mall one. Took the full 3 hours and feeling better about it now. Pretty certain i probably did it wrong though cus that whole 'drafting a policy' thing screwed with my mind - on the one hand you are kinda thinking - I need to be like tha sheep! lol and on the other you are thinking - but there's nothing else in the facts that I can use to just MAKE some stupid ordinance! Whatever - onto real law stuff again tomorrow - starting Wills :oS

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I half assed that first one too- it was just so overwhelming- but then I did the second assigned one all out and felt a lot better.

The Grand Poobah said...

I hate that whole, "be a sheep" thing. If I try to be a sheep then I'm spending too much time trying to figure out what a sheep writes like. I feel much better when I just write what comes to mind. I seem to get better scores too. That's probably a bad thing. Blah.

Anonymous said...

Any suggestions on how to outline the MPT?

calbar blondie said...

I spent time trying to be a sheep and it still didn't work. That Sunrise Galleria PT is a great practice exercise, though.
They say that two good ones to practice or just look at/outline right before the Bar are the two PT-B's from the past two summers(05 and 06). They are posted on the Calbar website, so you can download and practice them for free.