Monday, June 18, 2007

Day 5 - Studying meets work...

Penultimate day of 'work' work today - work next monday then that's it until after exam!! Took a card with neumonic devices on it so, between customers, I was reading over it and trying to remember what each meant - limited usefulness but whatever! Although not really a BREAK as such - working kinda took my mind off studying for a bit so was probably good!

Got home and started the first performance test lecture - seems quite useful overall particularly the idea that 1 in 6 of the essays will be testing on something not covered by barbri - SO TRUE!! When I did the New York bar exam - suddenly came across a question going into detail about abortion/custody or something which I had done absolute jack shit about - actually almost felt like breaking down in the middle of the exam - I'd spent all that money, studied for weeks, flown out there and now I was gonna completely flunk the exam! Somehow I kept myself from walking out and just got on with the question - made up some crazy rule with 3 parts and applied them all to the facts in the question - dunno how I did on that one but passed the bar exam overall so obviously was right to STAY in the exam! lol.

Just got another coupla hours of this lecture to do now - lol @ 'everyone passes the bar exam' - yeah right!! Really not looking forward to Evidence tomorrow - gonna actually have to listen to lectures I think cus of the Cali distinctions but it looks like it's gonna be one of those where no one has any clue in what way it will be tested... we shall see!

No comments: