Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Bar exam - day 1!

Um.. ok?! That was a strange day of 'barring!' Got there nice and early, got my seat - front row center - best view in the place! lol

So essays (i'm hoping I got the subjects right anyway - anyone thinking differently - do put me right! lol)

1st one = Real Property - Landlord tenant stuff - ummm ok?! I thought everyone was going on about how unlikely landlord/tenant stuff was gonna be for this one?? I think i did ok... constructive eviction? bit of s/f? commercial lease? Pah i don't care - it's done! lol

2nd = Tort - strict product liability/negligence - nice one - pretty much just went methodically through each one analysing with regards each s/l and negligence... went crazy - reached page 8 on this one - more than the PT!

3rd = Evidence - this was the shocker - what the fuck?! I mean the question itself was fine but I read the instructions on the front where it said 'answer in federal law unless it states otherwise' and the evidence q DIDN'T state otherwise?! Thought this was sposed to be first evidence Cali distinctions?? I wrote the whole question mainly focusing on the whole Federal side but now and then just sticking in brackets something about Cali just in case their quality control is realllly shit and they actually wanted cali law...

Then had a wander around, grabbed some pizza and headed back for Act 2:

The PT! - was a nice ish one - i mean i do mean to place warranties on all this stuff cus it is quite possible that I fucked it ALL up but it seemed to be a nice straightforward objective memo - soooo an essay in memo form?! Well just wrote loads for that one too - was being a full scale SHEEP - listed all the factors from the different lists from different subjects... great fun!

Came out - phoned to check if my lift was gonna happen - wasn't - bailed on me! lol - was too wired/strangely calm to care so i went back in found out where the metro line was and rode it right back to Hollywood!

Now I am tired... VERY tired... think the pro plus wore off - i was gonna read thru my subjects but I may just goto sleep instead...

Hope it went well for everyone else... and hope it actually DID go well for me lol... any predictions on next essays? I dunno for sure but doya think that PR PT was all the PR we gonna get?! Or do you think it's still lurking around? My calculations suggest that the next essay exam should be at least 2 non-MBE subjects - maybe civ pro and community property and then i would guess contract/remedies or something...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you do MPTs in California, or do they make up their own PTs too?

Richard said...

They make their own PT's - I did MPT's in NY but Cali do 2 three hour PT exams... i prefer the MPT - less time wasted doing a practice one!

calbar blondie said...

CA makes up their own PT's. We have to do two of them, one on Day one, the other on Day three afternoon. FBE>best of luck on the MBE tomorrow!
Richard, I think we will get PR at the very least as a crossover on Thursday. I predict an Agency/Partnership PR thing. I did the same thing you did on the Evidence with a few minor CA distinctions like Present sense and vicarious admissions. Couldn't help myself. Also added a mention of CEC in the initial boilerplate. Like that helped any!