Thursday, July 26, 2007

Day 3 - Bar-OVER!!

It's done!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO!!!!!!! NO MORE STRESS/STUDYING UNTIL MID NOVEMBER!!!!!!!

So can I be bothered to talk about todays exam?! Well it went alright i think - all the questions seemed doable which is a change from New York where one or two just seemed impossible!

Essay 1 - hmm can't even remember what it was?!? Ohhhhh right - the criminal murder/constitutional one - predictions were REALLY off this time! I heard people say that criminal would likely be a crim pro question cus they been on crimes A LOT recently - seemed alright tho but I wish i had read about mistake of fact/mistake of law - i looked at it the other day and got confused and was gonna look it up and figure it out but decided couldn't be bothered - dammit! Con law was alright - symbolic speech stuff... reasonably ok

Essay 2 - how many issues were in that question!??! I filled a page of scratch paper with the thousands of issues but then when I came down to writing it, seemed to work out ok. Contract/remedies one - kinda predicted this yesterday. Went through formation and stuff - was a bit of agency referred to in q but not especially relevant - i stuck in something i remembered from commercial law at uni about the rule re: undisclosed principals but that's ENGLISH law so unlikely to be right anyway!

Essay 3 - Community property - dunno if anyone else found this.. .could have been I missed something but there really didn't seem a whole lot to write on this one. The rules that I stated anyway kinda cut off any further discussion of anything because it was just like 'that's the rule - it applies here - disposition is X.' I probably missed a load of stuff but whatever!

PT 2 - after yesterdays snoozefest I refilled my caffeine tanks at lunchtime and went in wired... not bad PT to be fair - was expecting some crazy hard document thing but a persuasive letter seemed reasonably doable - again could quite easily have fucked it up but then again - might have got it sorted!

So here ends the saga for now until mid November... gonna try find a film to watch later tonight but right now i could just do with some sleep... altho don't think i WILL sleep!

3 comments:

calbar blondie said...

Richard,
That was exactly how I went on just about all of it. I thought Comm. Prop q6 was ridiculously short. Thought I was missing something so threw in something on law firm partnership, etc. Others threw in agency on q5. It went over my head completely. Totally went for the contracts/rems on spec. perf. The first essay was the challenge; lots of issues, no time. The PT was fine; but it took up every moment of those three hours. Can hardly believe we did not get a points and authorities. If we get past this one, it is going to be great! Don't even say the word November.

The Grand Poobah said...

My CP essay was the shortest of the three as well. But I think I hit all the issues. We shall see!

Blawgin' said...

My CP essay was short too! For the first time in my LIFE during a test, I was left with time...needless to say, this caused me much stress at the time. ;) I think I got the reimbursement issue wrong, but it seems like almost everyone did, so maybe it'll be okay...

Just wanted to say congrats to you! I've enjoyed reading your blog and hope you'll continue it...enjoy your freedom!