Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Day 21 - Live free or die HARDER!

In celebration of the 4th of July thing (which obviously isn't celebrated here... nor is it a day of mourning tho... hmmm) went to see Die Hard 4.0 - just came out today so I was there for first showing! Good fun! Nice escapism to sit and watch things blow up in surround sound! Once I got home I launched fully into Community Property and spent a good 3-4 hours spidering the entire subject - think I get it a lot more now - well... got a vague understanding - not ENTIRELY happy with it. After this my finger began to hurt... to explain - for some reason I write/hold my pen in a slightly strange way resting the pen on my ring finger - this has caused issues in the past as too much fast writing can lead to bruising/swelling on that same finger. Hence today I only outlined 2 essays and flashcarded 4 others on Community property - really wanted to just write one out but I suspect that there may be a community property essay on that simulated exam on Friday so will leave it till then...

Maxed out now - gonna sit and watch a movie with a beer...

2 comments:

Emily said...

Don't you Brits who are in the US have an obligation to attend 4th of July celebrations and be mocked and taunted? I pretty sure it's in the Declaration of Independence.

Just be sure to get the basic opening paragraph down pat and practice writing it over and over. It's to the effect of:

"California is a community property state. The basic presumptions are that all property acquired during marriage is CP and all property acquire before marriage and after the marital community has ended is SP. etc."

Don't rely on that particular recitation, I just spouted it off without checking.

The Grand Poobah said...

Speaking of dying....

... or not. I don't know if you've seen the memo from the State Bar that mentions with specificity some of the code sections that are tested...

This link might work... http://tinyurl.com/359exb

Or if that link doesn't get you there you can just do a search on the Bar site for this document: ex1000900.pdf

Cheers!