Friday, July 6, 2007

Day 23 - It's all Bullshit!

Just did the mock bar exam thing - ugh! So annoying! Woke up - sat down to do the morning session and just sat there staring at the PR question for about 25 minutes before I finally started writing something - just drew a complete blank! (and found out later I missed out the major issue too!)

Then did Wills and Community Property essays - those were a lot better - after reviewing it I think I may have passed Comm Property and possibly Wills but definitely failed PR!

Then came the dreaded MPT - ugh! Started figuring out now why I hate them so much. I just can't see why they need to have them so long?! The NY one was only 90 minutes and that was JUST as hard as you just had slightly less materials and half the time but at least it was way easier to prepare for pre-bar exam. You could sit down and legitimately feel not a waste of time to do 90 mins and do a full MPT - but now with this 3 hour thing - thats most of the day gone reading some irrelevent BS about facts you don't need to know, then trying to write it out but failing miserably cus each time its a different structured thing you need to do and each time I screw it up! Like today - the task memo seemed to tell me to do one thing so I did THAT even though it seemed to conflict with the thing telling you how to write whatever the document was - and shouldn't have! GRRRR! I hate this shit - the sooner it's all over the better!

4 comments:

calbar blondie said...

I agree with you on the PT. I did a practice run with one today and it drove me NUTS!!! I tried out this new method I learned in the three day workshop. What a waste of fricking time. I think the Honigsburg sheep method actually does the job better. Good thing I found out now in practice!

Richard said...

They are annoying! Out of interest - what was the gist of the method you learnt?

GC said...

Wow, CA does 3 hours of MPT? That's CRAZY.

Richard said...

actually CA has 6 hours total MPT - each one is 3 hours but we gotta do 2 :(