Saturday, July 7, 2007

Day 24 - 7 7 7!

Ok so (isn't currently letting me write in the title box for some reason) tackled civ pro today - started out alright, think I've got the jurisdictional stuff sorted but then tried a move on Pleadings and got lost - why do they have to call them different things in California than under the Common law?! Why is the name even that important to warrant them changing it?!

Spent a bit of time looking at the essay subject frequency chart today, as such I now have provisional predictions re: which essays I think may come up:
1. Civil Procedure
2. Evidence
3. Remedies/Real Property crossover
4. Agency/Professional Responsibility
5. Community Property
6. Contracts

I never actually rely on question spotting tho - it always seems a good way to fail but I just kinda feel these subjects could be on their way - surely Evidence and Civil Procedure are dead certain as they both have these new Cali distinctions being implemented as of THIS bar exam... or maybe that's just some mean-spirited bluff by the bar examiners?!

Anyway to make me feel like I'm actually studying by being on here, gonna write out 2 acronym type things and then go back to it:

Temporary Restraining order requires SIN (security for costs, immediate irreperable injury, notice efforts)

The person presenting paper to court certifies that it is ICED (no Improper purpose, legal Contentions warranted by law, allegations have Evidentiary support, Denial of legal contentions is warranted by law)

3 comments:

DroitFemme said...

Have fun with Rome! I LOVED that show (it is too bad it is over). If you like Rome, you should definitely catch The Tudors! The only fun thing I am doing today is going to the market, because I am totally out of food -- no time to go to the store!

WestEast said...

I am really hoping that Evidence and Civ Pro don't both show up as essays where we have to point out distinctions! And to test us on all of the new stuff, that is just mean!

bar-nerd said...

i like your predictions ... though i hope we don't get tested on both civ and evid. that would be too mean! any word from the barbri office yet re their predictions? i hear they send them out. i haven't heard ... i hope they didn't forget!